Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Midterm critique is over! It went good. Things I need to work on: color palette, making it more diverse, using different colors, using different brushes, and perhaps work a little bigger. Also, I need to incorporate more colors were they aren't readily visible. Anyway, I'm glad that it's over, now I can go fourth and make work with these ideas in mind. I want to try and abstract the figure while also making other things like the background more clearer and concise. Hopefully this time next week I'll have pictures of new work to post. For now, here's some work from the midterm critique I haven't posted before.
This painting is close to finished, but not quite there. The skin is too pink. I want to add another layer, add a little yellow to lessen the red. However, I do like the way it makes the green in her eye pop.


 


I like the lines in this. I love the palette knife, it's my new favorite tool.




This painting is where I started using my palette knife. I didn't like how it was going, so I just added globs of paint with the knife, and I liked it, so I kept going. I really like the green sky and the stars.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment