Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Okay, so i've started on two paintings thus far this semester. I know it will be hard to follow without pictures, but try anyway. The first is a figure, a woman. I started with red and yellow for her body and cerulean blue as a background. I grew unhappy and decided to start over. so, I went to white it all out and the white did an interesting thing to the colors, so I decided not to give up on it just yet. the second painting is a portrait. basically I was inspired by the show Carnivale and the opening monologue of the first episode in the series. So, it has Samson in the middle of the canvas, just before he begins speaking. I've added a background, but I'm not quite sure what i want to do with it just yet. I might add the text of what he says into it somehow. I really like the way the face is coming along, trying to get every wrinkle. I'm not sure how these two works will fit into my thesis, which at the moment is undetermined, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. I'll post pictures of the works as soon as I find my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment